The founder of our family business was Henry Harlow Osgood. He established a hardwood installation and finishing business in the Hamilton area in 1912. Later his son Walter Osgood picked up the tradition and continued it through to the 60’s.
The daughter of Walter, Charlotte Osgood, married Richard Joseph Perron and together they continued on the business. They initially worked out of their home in the 50’s then opened their first store on Ottawa Street in Hamilton. It was at that store that they began to sell a selection of flooring materials besides hardwood. With the business expanding, it was apparent the store was too small on Ottawa Street and they moved to a large store on Parkdale Avenue in the early 70’s.
In the mid 70’s the family purchased the old Parquets factory on Parkdale Avenue North. In the early 80’s their eldest son Richard Michael Perron and his wife Danica Perron took over the business. In the early 90’s there was an exodus from Parkdale Avenue, as all the home renovations companies began to move to the Nebo Road Area.
Now on our 5th generation, Richard Thomas Perron, Daryl Perron and Andrew Perron have entered the business and hope to continue the long family tradition for generations to come.